To block or not

DaHole

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2009
I am going to be putting up a 27' round once I have my site level and the install plan shows to use a 2"x8"x16" block below each bottom plate on the 18 wall uprights of the pool. In talking with others that have had their pool professionally installed as recently as last week, their installer didn't use them because as the block tips on the ground so will the wall upright.
Have you had a block issue on your pool? How many years with the block in place?
If you didn't use block have you had issues?
Should I block it or not? I already have the block so it is not a money thing.

I would block it. We used blocks on my previous above ground that my dad put up and I used the same blocks with this above ground that I put up.

My blocks do not and have not tipped once. If they would tip, it's because it wasn't properly leveled in my opinion i.e. dead space and compaction over time.

from what I've read it's a matter of preference...but I would follow what's in your pool warranty/instruction manual so you don;t mess up the warranty. There really isn;t that much downward force on round pool uprights...the pressure is more outward than downward..the downward pressure is under your liner

So do I set the block on top of the level ground or sink them flush?

get the ground level
set the blocks on my track line
put my sand down
compact it
then put up the track on the track line and blocks

or

Flush
get the ground level
dig out the block spots and set them flush with the ground
put up the track

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.