Pool installed 7/16, bottom still soft

Jul 28, 2009
Please help! We had a 27'x54' ABG pool installed on 7/16. Went for first swim on 7/26 and sand bottom was still soft in many spots. Some areas felt like there was large bubble under liner. Does this sound like we have leaks in liner? I am new to the pool scene and don't know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The sand will be somewhat soft for a while, but it shouldn't feel like there's a bubble under the liner. To make sure the pool's not leaking, do the bucket test as mentioned above. Get a bucket and fill it partially with water and set it on the top or second step of the ladder going in to your pool (depending on where the water level's at). Make sure you have enough water in the bucket so that the waterline in the bucket is a three or four inches above the waterline of the pool. Now take a marker and carefully mark both waterlines on the side of the bucket. Give it a day or so and then compare how much the two waterlines have dropped. If they've dropped the same amount, then no leak! If the pool waterline has dropped more than the bucket, you've got a leak somewhere.

My only other thought might be groundwater pooling in the sand, but that's about all I can think that would cause bubbles under the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.