Generators

Vistal

Jul 8, 2009
If you had to pick the most reliable which one would it be .I spend 300$ a year on just chlorine not to mention closing and opening chemicals. I was told by a pro who lives down the street who owns a residential and commercial company to get this one called Aqua Rite I will have to see i have it written down some where. I dont know which model he was talking about but said it was like 800$. My pool is 20x40 3 foot deep and a 9.5 foot deep end.I just spent 5 ,000 on new pool equipment and liner. New pool heater parts /Timer parts/Liner/concrete work/PVC pieces and done it all myself with help form this forums. So i saved my self like 1000 or so in labor now i was looking at spending the labor on 1 of these units.

As a consumer I have the Aqua Rite. I live in south FL and pool runs 365 days a year. I had to replace the cell this year after 4+ years but I put a lot of the blame on me as I shortened the cell life with some woefully inadequate (I know know :shock: ) water chemistry.

I ahve nothing but good things to say about the Aqua Rite and even I could install one... :mrgreen:

None of the SWGs on the market are totally reliable. With any brand, some specific units will go for years and years without any problems and other units will fail early. We get reports of problems from all of the brands with significant sales. This year AquaRite units seem to be reporting the fewest problems here at TFP, but last year and the year before it was AutoPilot. Of course TFP users are probably not a statistically meaningful sample.

I like my intellichlor. Never had a problem with it keeping up the chlorine. Performance depends on a lot of things, really. Unit sized correctly for the pool, pump run time, "on" time for the generator, CYA levels, etc all contribute to how well they perform.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The CPSC Series by compupool are working great for me. I installed 53 this year so far and no call backs. I sell them for 600 dollars all day long retail. 3 year warranty. They made the first chlorine generators.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.