Deck up for sale

Moved to correct forum - Moderator

I have a lead on a deck for $100. I will have to go check out the wood and all. But am not sure if this deck will work for round pools. The owner said it was for an oval. here are the specs I have so far and a photo. The long side is 20 ft 5inches,the two sides are 9ft 7inches, and the center area is 7ft 2inches

Attachments

• maybe deck.jpg
    maybe deck.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 451
With the dimensions you gave you have a couple of choices.
1) Cut a radius in the deck to fit your pool. If you go this route you'll wind up with the middle of the deck being about 4' wide.

2) Add on to both sides of the deck to create a radius to fit your pool and leave the center like it is. The new wood won't match the old.

3) Offset the deck to one side of the pool and add to the other side to match the pool radius. The new wood won't match the old.

4) Built an entire new deck to fit your pool! :mrgreen:

We bought a used deck and then paid the deck builder we bought it from to modify and install it in our yard next to our pool. We are quite happy with how it turned out, and it was definately cheaper than it would have been to build a whole, new deck. Here are a few pictures for you to see:

100_0695.jpg

100_0689.jpg

100_0724.jpg

The deck is two-toned right now. The used portions of the deck are the redwood color, and the new portions are the lighter green treated color. We have to let the newer wood weather a bit more before we can stain the whole deck so that it looks more uniform.

If the condition of the wood on the used deck you are considering is good I would encourage you to consider using it! Even if only to salvage the wood and rebuild a deck from scratch using it. $100 for just that much wood is a great deal in my opinion. Good Luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.