green pool building deck

Jul 25, 2009
Hi

Thanks for allowing me to join your group

My question......pool the other day crystal clear....trying to build a deck around pool with pressure treated wood. Is it possible that some saw dust could have got in pool as the pool started turning green on the floor, didn't know it chems in wood had an effect. If so and anywho I need to clear it up ....What can I do ?
Thanks andrew.

98% chance you don't have adequate chlorine in your pool. I doubt the pt wood had anything to do with it.

If you could post a set of test results, we could help you with a better opinion. The above is simply a guess.....(but it's based on a common issue)

Almost forgot....Welcome to the forum! :lol:

With all of the chemical changes they have done to PT wood over the past few years I doubt its chemical related. I think also the saw dust would float on the surface and be skimmed of by the skimmer. You would need to have a LOT of saw dust for it to affect the pool that way IMO.

I think Duraleigh is right you dont have enough FC in the water and in order for us to tell could you post a full set of numbers please .

Welcome to the forum BTW! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.