Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Milky cloud and white particles

1. Back To Top    #1

Milky cloud and white particles

Refer to http://www.troublefreepool.com/diary...mp-t15087.html for the whole grueling tale but more specifically I brushed my pool this morning and noticed a lot of small white particles about the size of cal-hypo but I haven't added any in several days and I don't think it is plaster (hopefully) because basically my plaster right now just isn't that white. Secondly, I took a steel brush to the pool a little while ago brushing the top 6" or so and noticed a milky cloud as I brushed so I figured it must be dead algae. I went around the pool and when I got back to the place I started I noticed it was still doing it with the same intensity. I went around three times total and never seemed to stop. Any ideas?
    21k gal, plaster IG pool with spa
    Main - 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 3 returns, Spa - 1 drain, 4 returns
    WhisperFlo Dual Speed WFDS 1.5 HP pump
    S310S 30" sand filter
    Polaris 360 pressure cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Milky cloud and white particles

Sounds like dead algae and other burnt up organic matter. I can go around and around my pool and I never seem to get all of it up in the water to get into the filter, so I have to break out the pool vac and vac it to waste. If I leave the filter on filter, it just fills up the sand filter then blows it the rest back into the pool.
    18,400 gallon, vinyl, AG, Aquatrol SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Milky cloud and white particles

I think you are right. I put the cleaner in the other day and when I emptied the bag there was a lot of the white stuff. It had a somewhat flowery feel to it. I have a crete myrtle above the pool that puts a lot of stuff in so maybe it was just bleached white.
    21k gal, plaster IG pool with spa
    Main - 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 3 returns, Spa - 1 drain, 4 returns
    WhisperFlo Dual Speed WFDS 1.5 HP pump
    S310S 30" sand filter
    Polaris 360 pressure cleaner