Caltreat... what are your current opinions

Jul 18, 2009
Martinez,Ca
Hello... I am 1 month new to this site and very much go by your recommendations. My CH is 350 right now. My pool store guy said to not worry about using cal-hypo because if my calcium get above 400,
just add Caltreat. I had read posts in FTP that are 2 years old, questioning this.
So....what is the latest truth behind Caltreat. Does it actually bind and and then filter out calcium, or just make it ineffective, or is it all good theory but poor practically , or does it really work ? :?: Thanks in advance for your current opinions. :cool:

Thanks for your reply....

I just bought some 10% bleach gallons from the pools store,
so I'll make the switch today. They have 12.5% is in 5 gallon drums , so
10% in gallons seemed more convenient.

I am STILL curious if Caltreat works....... any opinions?

Nothing works reliably to remove calcium from the pool water except water replacement and calcium removal services like Calsaway.

But even if something did work, why would you want to put calcium in when you are just going to need to spend money and time taking it out again?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.