An Intex with a shallow end

crek31

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2009
Calling all creative people, especially with Intex experience:

I have two little kids who don't really swim and need to be able to stand in the pool, at least for next year. I want to buy a larger pool for next year at the end of this season on an end-of-season sale, and would like to get as deep as possible so it lasts as long as possible as the kids grow. If I were to buy an oval/ellipse Easy Set that is 48" deep, is there any reason I couldn't pile up a bunch of sand and create a sort of ramp to go under the bottom of the pool such that the pool would be the whole 48" in one end and much shallower in the end with sand under the liner bottom?? Launboy -- you sort of did the opposite, didn't you? Would it work?

The last foot or 18 inches around the edge of the pool must be at the same elevation all the way around or the pool will lean or slump to the deep edge. I do the same thing as Launboy, I dig out and make a deeper area. Make your shallow end in the center or just off center but not against the edge.

Thanks, Pool Clown. Too bad my way won't work, but I see what you're saying. I guess we'll have to buy a 36 or 42 for a few years and then go up to 48 or 52 after that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.