Nature 2 system and chemicals

No put it in a sock. You can swim, it won't hurt anything. Do not broadcast it.

What was the 72 oz of acid you added before? Was that dry acid to lower the PH? IF so, that was fine.

Have you added any CYA yet? If not, 22 oz of CYA isn't enough, that won't even get you to 20ppm. You need about 4 lbs total. You can do 2 lbs in a sock at a time, safely without breaking the sock! :wink:

I added cya last night. when I tested this morning it went up to about 10and my target is 30-50. I added muriatic acid. But I do have stabilizer that I will put in a sock. Can I put that in my skimmer instead today? They are building my deck right now so I don't have anywhere to hang it near the return. No ladder either.

ps I'm swimming!!! If we get in the way too bad. I'm not letting that get in the way on the hottest day of July!! hahha

I just can't get the cya up. I'm thinking of just closing up and dealing with next year. At least I'll have more time. I put stabilizer in a sock in front of jet. It didn't raise it at all. Can something be wrong with the water? On the back of the stabilizer bottle it said that should be added once maybe twice during the swim season. It was 100% cyanuric acid.

Has the CYA disolved? Once added, it takes at least 5 days for it to fully register on the CYA test...we usually add the CYA needed per the poolcalculator and then test in a week. How much CYA have you added in total? There is no reason to give up now, you'll just have to deal with it again next season. I would suggest you re-read pool shool and open up a good old bottle of POP (Pool Owner Patience) :goodjob:

I have about 1/2 lb of stabilizer in sock. So I'm gonna let that go til it dissolves. I guess I'm just too anxious here. Sorry! But I won't take another reading until maybe Monday. Water is crystal clear. All other readings were fine, opening up my can of POP as we speak. Thanks

frustratedpoolmom said:
Don't retest for CYA for 1 week after adding it. 24 hours after it's dissolved consider the amount that you targeted as your new level, and adjust your FC according to the CYA chart.

You need about 4 lbs total.

These comments are from my posts above. Patience, have some POP. :wink:

I instructed you to add 2 lbs at a time, let it dissolve, add the other 2 lbs, then retest the CYA in 5-7 days. Testing sooner than that just wastes reagents.

You do NOT want to close now. I know the weather has been lousy but if you close now you will have a giant green mess on your hands in the spring. Wait until late september when the weather has cooled before you close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.