Milky Looking Pool After Ascorbic Acid Treatment

Got it . Thanks.

Is there a way of doing this using shock? I have a whole carton of it.

Also, the sequestering agent I used was Jack's Magic Pink Stuff which I ordered by mail. What do I look for in my local Leslies pool store for a sequestering agent? Is Metal Free one?

Metal free is a not a good one. Jack's is...

Look for one that is "HEDP" based.

I would stick to bleach for now, granular products add unwanted additives - either CYA or Calcium.

You need to post accurate test results for both levels (not using strips) before we can help you determine if granular products are suitable.

Will do. Thanks for your response and of course your help.

The reason I ask about something other than Jack's products is because they are not available in my area. I have to wait for them to be shipped. Any other alternative? Would Metal Free be of any use?
Thanks!

I added a bag of shock last night and halleluja I woke up to a chlorine reading! :-D

Here are my numbers from pool store water analysis:

Free Chlorine> 1
Total Chlorine> 2
PH > 7.6
TA> 90
CYA> 50

Maybe another bag and a half to two bags of shock tonight :?:

You are making progress, but you have a little ways to go yet. Bring the pool back up to shcok level tonight, and see if the FC level is still high in the morning. You also need to get rid of that CC level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My pool is back to normal again. :-D Thanks for all of your help. Now I have to deal with a hornets nest by my pool deck from my neighbors side, but, that's a whole other story :grrrr: .......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.