Pentair or hayward

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
PB is telling me that they get much better pricing on Hayward equip (var speed pump, Goldline SWCG,filter, etc.) and better warranty than PentAir. But, there is so little info on the GoldLine Controls or Hayward sites about their control system... feedback I have gotten said that Goldline does NOT have two way communications capabilities with Home Automation systems (RS-232)... and the ProLogic docs I looked at seem to confirm this on-way only API... but the Goldline web site says that their HA interface allows pool features to be controlled and status viewed on HA system... conflicting info. Also, I see NO mention of any control options via PC or PDA... only the Goldline wireless or wired remotes.

Is my understanding above correct? What are the odds that Goldline/Hayward will enhance their system in the near future to include a more full featured control system like Pentair? Or, since remote control and monitoring is important to me, is it worth it to pay more, have less warranty to get the better Pentair control product?

Is the Hayward variable speed pump comparable to the Intelliflo in functionality and efficiency? How about the cartridge filters and SWG?

What would you choose?

Personally, I'm chosing Pentair all the way when I do my build. I know I'll pay more up front with the cash but I'm looking forward to energy savings later down the road. :cool:

HTH.

Both Pentair and Hayward offer extended warranties on their products to builders who are enrolled in their respective programs. If your PB is a "Totally Hayward" dealer, but not a Pentair "PIP" member, he will, indeed offer better warranties for Hayward.

I distribute both, so I'm not in a good position to recommend one over the other, but I do know that Pentair does have the home automation integration features, as does Jandy. Hayward/Goldline continues to report it in development, but it is not yet ready for prime time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.