Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dumpster Pools-

1. Back To Top    #1

Dumpster Pools-

Have you seen this? I can't find any info on how they're filtered...
    What do you think?
    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=8130958&page=1
    10,000 gallon in ground vinyl liner pool. 1 HP AO Smith Corp motor 3450 rpm, Nautilus Pac Fab Filter DE. Raypak Gas Heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dumpster Pools-

Great idea!

Here is a link that gives a larger pic and a lot more pics and info about them. http://www.readymade.com/blogs/readymad ... er-diving/

Notice the 2 hoses sort of in the corner. One is apparently a suction hose and the other is a return. On the right side, you can see a return in the foreground dumpster pool.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Nice idea but they are a liability. I know they don't meet federal VGB entrapment laws with the two pipes.

4. Back To Top    #4

I guess dumpsters are bigger in NY. Looks like truck "containers". would be interesting to see what is used to line the dumpsters and the filtration system.
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ntrsandman
    I guess dumpsters are bigger in NY. Looks like truck "containers". would be interesting to see what is used to line the dumpsters and the filtration system.
    according to the presiden of macro-sea, mr. belt, they were lined in plastic and the filtration was that of a regualr above ground pool.
    21x40 roman ig vinyl (don't know the gal offhand)
    Pentair Tagelus 325lb sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Our member spdas has a homebrew container pool, for example:
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/chlor...ol-t14141.html
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page