cloudy water after shocking pool

Jul 22, 2009
I have a new in ground pool. Just hooked up the filter with a small amount of brown algae present on the bottom of the pool. the water was crystal clear with filter and salt generator working. PH 7.6, calcium 250 alkalinity 150 free chlorine .99 and total chlorine 1.07. The pool is 36,000 gallons. I added 4 pounds of shock disolved in water. When I poured the disolved chlorine in to the pool it instantly produced white clouds in the pool and my clear water is now milky. I ran the filter for a day with little to no change. The algae looks to be resolving but I don't know what I did wrong and how I need to fix it. HELP Please.

Keith

Cal Hypo certainly appears to have been the clouding issue and will likely go away on it's own.

Your reported FC is far too low and it doesn't appear you have added any more since the Cal Hypo. The need to keep adequate chlorine in your pool is mandatory and your posts indicate you are overlooking that.

Can you post a set of current test results including CYA?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.