Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Maintenance During Vacation

1. Back To Top    #1
    South Central PA

Pool Maintenance During Vacation

This is my first year on the BBB method after 3 years of Baquacil . We successfully converted in June and things have been great .Thanks to everyone on here for sharing all of this wisdom.
    We use approx . 4 gallons of clorox per week . Generally 2 gallons on Sunday night and 2 gallons on Wednesday night .
    The question is what to do while on vacation . I have read about taking it to shock level and also about using pucks . If raising it to shock level and keeping the solar cover on over that period (9-10 days) is a reasonable route to take that is what I would really like to do . I would rather not have to have anyone come and add chlorine over that time . Any thoughts ?
    23,000 gallon vinyl in ground / Hayward Superpump / Hayward sand filter / Liquidator / Borates

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pool Maintenance During Vacation

Having someone come by and check the pool is by far the best solution. If that isn't possible, raising the pool to shock level and leaving it with a solar cover on is a fairly good plan.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School