Chlorine way too high??...

edbson

Jun 25, 2007
SO I am attacking my algae bloom, and I asked my husband to pour a gallon of bleach in the pool this evening. I asked him later if he did and he said No, so I poured one in......then he poured another( because I asked him to)..anyways, I tested and my levels are like this...
FC: 40
TC:40
CYA:60
PH:7.5
I am figuring the green algae will eat up the high chlorine overnight, and hopefully DIE, OR I have severely damaged my liner......which could it be? Or both?
Help?

I would bet money you'll have no liner damage. The chlorine is diminshed instantly as it attacks the algae so your high level probably didn't last very long. It would be helpful if you post back and let us know....I'm thinking you'll be just fine.

BTW, How big is your pool? For two gallons of bleach to raise a pool to 40ppm the pool would have to be around 3000 gallons.

I really don't care if the liner bleaches...I am pretty sure the Chlorine was high before we added more, but the pool is roughly 10K gallons( hard to tell with the added rainwater). It was 12% bleach, so hopefully it will will it all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.