trying to make our pathetic pool usable. help, please?

i'm sorry i didn't keep this thread updated, but i've been swimming a lot for the past two days :party:

the water still isn't 100% sparkling, but all but the very bottom of the deep end is gorgeous. and the deepest part of the deep end is clear enough for me to see tiny leaf crumbs (before i get them out) and the small wrinkles in the liner, so that's clear enough for me for this year!

i'm still vacuuming every day, but only once a day instead of every few hours, and only because i will see a little bit of whatever-it-was (DE? dead algae?) that has gathered by a seam or wrinkle. and we're only switching the filter cartridge after i vacuum, if it needs it, or every few days.

so, in other words, i got what i was wanting for this year!

we're planning on keeping the pool open for at least a month, maybe two (we're in Georgia, my husband doesn't mind cold water and i grew up swimming clear on into October).... but i thought i'd start trying to figure out the proper way to close a southern IG pool?

im real new at this so I may be wrong. But I have to say thats QUITE a small filter for that big of pool. That may be why its taking so long to clear. I know you said you just installed it, so I was just pointing out maybe Yall ordered to small of filter. I know money is tight and I COMPLETLY understand. I have been tightening my belt lately too.

it is? hunh.
we got that size after calling several places and giving them the measurements of our pool (again, my husband was telling them we had a 36,000 gallon pool) and all of them said that the C900 would be the right sized filter for our pool.
as far as i can tell from the notes i took, it has a turnover of 43,000 gallons per 8 hours of runtime...
and if our pool is actually in the mid 20's as far as gallonage goes, then that's nearly double.

are my numbers wrong, you think?

The numbers for pool gallonage and how much water you're moving per hour can always be off - if you're close and the pool looks good, you can 'tweak' the numbers as you go :cool:

I'm just HAPPY :party: that you have a swimable pool and are enjoying it :goodjob:

Given a tight budget, being able to keep the pool usable is a good, though not optimal, place to be :cheers: (which I fully understand - the wife and I are trying to figure out where to come up with $20 for gas until payday :roll: )

Enjoy the pool while you can - we'll help you with the closing in another thread :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.