Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Auto Fill Valve Broke Off - How Do I Shut Off the Water?

Auto Fill Valve Broke Off - How Do I Shut Off the Water?

I have a Hayward Tristar pump and we have an auto fill feature. I accidentally pulled the plastic float container up and out. I think it broke off. The water keeps coming out and I don't know where to turn it off so I can try to put the float back on.

Anyone have any ideas short of shutting off water to the whole house?

Thanks,

Newbie Pool Owner
    Sand Filter
    Above Ground, Vinyl
    1.5 hp Hayward Power Flo LX Pump

Re: Auto Fill Valve Broke Off - How Do I Shut Off the Water?

Is there a cut off anywhere in the house you can turn off like at the main plumbing panel ? Or can you stick something in there to trip the flow switch so you can see whats going on and maybe get it back in that way ?
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

Re: Auto Fill Valve Broke Off - How Do I Shut Off the Water?

The pool auto fills that I have used or have seen have had a brass irrigation/sprinkler valve that controls the water to the auto fill. The new to us pool also has a ball valve at the auto fill's pipe connection at the house. Double shut off capabilities. I would think there should be a valve to shut the water off to the autofill.
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.