1st time on TFP. Need to convert to Chlorine NOW !!! HELP !!

Yeah, I went in today and started to vacuum to waste. Shallow parts first. Lots of sand and Baqua goo, plus algae stuck to the liner. Got a little mad, because I started to lose suction as I started to vac the deep end, and had to stop. :x I took it in stride, and kept thinking : It will all be worth it in the end. :-D Pushed some more stuff down to the deep end, and hope that it settles for another vac tomorrow. Even though I stirred things up today, the water is still clearer than my past 2 years with Baquacil !!! Yeah, that's BAD !!!
Thanks again,
John

Ok, I guess I'm a rebel at this point !!! :party: My pool has NEVER LOOKED like this !!! It cleared in 3 days, and I just added the CYA about 4 hours ago. Yeah, I overpaid for the liquid version I guess, but I wanted a quicker process. I'll be checking all the levels tomorrow. My son REALLY needs to find his usb cable, so I could post some pics. :-D

Did you change out your filter media?

Now's a good time to add your pool info to your siggy. Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature. :wink:

Remember your conversion is "done" when the FC holds, the CC is .5 or less for 2 consecutive days and you have changed your filter media and added CYA.

Yeah, I'll have to go and edit it. Yes, I did change the filter media, after the chlorine level was holding. Just curious as to what would happen if someone did the conversion, and didn't change the sand in the filter ? Would the baquacil particles still in the sand, react with the chlorine ?

If you don't change the sand, first your conversion takes longer to complete. Baquacil residue in the filter takes a long time to stop producing CC. Second, much of the filtering ability of the sand is lost, though not all. The sand gets gummed up and can't hold as much debris before it clogs up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.