Testing my test kit!!

Jun 10, 2009
Louisiana
Is there a way to test my test kit. I have a 2yr old maby 1.5yr old taylor test kit http://www.lesliespool.com/browse/H...-Test-Kit/D/30100/P/1:100:4000:400000/I/18547

and i have the tf100 a month old.

taylor pool store gets the same
FC 4
PH 7.8
TA 100

tf100
FC 4
PH 7.5
TA 80

usually i would take the 2 out of 3 to be the correct ones but this tf100 is supposed to be really good. I'd hate to think someone screwed up filling those bottles. In any event I'd like to know if there are any tests i can do on those kits to see whats going on.

you're pretty much in range as far a the margin of error goes, but I would trust your own results with the freshest kit. I imagine if the wrong reagents were in the bottles, the tests wouldn't really even work at all.

yeah i was just worried that someone could have contaminated some of those reagents or something. the bigest thing that worried me is the ph sometimes looks to be a lil higher than 7.8 with one test and the ta is higher than i want it for my SWG with the same test kit. but i will just use the tf100

either way if there is a controll test i can do i would like to know. i wanna play a lil.

You can also order testing standard solutions from Taylor. I can't remember exactly what they are called but you can find them on the Taylor website.

I am slightly puzzled you would question your new TF100 results compared to your 1.5 year old kit or a pool store. Read more on this forum of the accuracy of pool store tests......I think you'll learn not to put much faith in them.

Yours will be the first case of erroneous test results experienced with the TF100 in 2.5 years. Not that it can't happen but yours will be the first.

The reagents in the kit are typically less than 30 days old and come directly from Taylor and our quality control is pretty good. My guess is you'll find the tests are accurate. If not, please let me know and we'll make it right immediately.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.