Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just joined and wanted to say hey

1. Back To Top    #1

Just joined and wanted to say hey

Hello pool enthusiast.
    I have decided to join this forum because of all the great info and the number of post from all over. Looks like there’s a lot of experience on this site.
    I will be doing tons of reading so as not to ask the same questions others have answered a couple hundred times already. Next week I will be putting in an AG pool. My brother put one in several months ago so I have all the info needed on how to screw up an install. Including why it's not good to start assembly in a storm.

He fixed everything already.
    Right now, there is a bobcat and transit in the back yard ready to level out the ground.
    If all goes well, I should have the site ready before the pool comes next week.
    Can't wait. It's gettin hot in Carolina. Gonna need it.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just joined and wanted to say hey

Quote Originally Posted by Srswimsalot
    Hello pool enthusiast.
    I have decided to join this forum because of all the great info and the number of post from all over. Looks like there’s a lot of experience on this site.
    I will be doing tons of reading so as not to ask the same questions others have answered a couple hundred times already. Next week I will be putting in an AG pool. My brother put one in several months ago so I have all the info needed on how to screw up an install. Including why it's not good to start assembly in a storm.

He fixed everything already.
    Right now, there is a bobcat and transit in the back yard ready to level out the ground.
    If all goes well, I should have the site ready before the pool comes next week.
    Can't wait. It's gettin hot in Carolina. Gonna need it.
    saying hey back...Welcome to TFP...you will find someone out there that knows something about what ever issue you have. Don't worry about re asking questions It happens their are great moderators and others out here that will be happy to answer your questions. The best thing is that they will teach you how to take care of your pool without spending hundreds of dollars each summer!!! BEWARE OF THE POOL STEALERS They are the pool store guys who don't know beans about pools. Usually you walk into the store and they are kids barely out of highschool telling you what you need to buy and it adds up fast...BBB is all you need to know!
    Good luck with the pool install...Have fun!
    Beave
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome! Like your username! We need more Raleighites and Carolinians here......the Texans still outnumber us by quite a bit but we're gainin' on 'em.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome! Glean all you can, and if your questions are not addressed, feel free to post one of your own!

You are in the right place to get info on making you install and maintenance Trouble Free!!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Welcome! Like your username! We need more Raleighites and Carolinians here......the Texans still outnumber us by quite a bit but we're gainin' on 'em.
    Thanks.
    I'll spread the word to a neighbor several doors down.
    I took pics today but my son took the camera before I could load the pics on Photobucket.
    When he gets back from his day at the races, I'll load the pics and start my pool install thread.
    You'll be able to see my progress as I go. Feel free anyone to input at any time.

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to the forum

.....another Carolinian!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!