PoolSkim installation question

Beez

LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't remember if it was in the instructions, or on this site, but I think I read somewhere that the poolskim should be installed so that the bag sticks out from the wall at approximately 45 degrees.

So here's my question to the poolskim users: What is the purpose of this? The reason I ask is that in my temporary installation of the device, I had it set up with the bag parallel to the wall, and fairly close to the wall. As a matter of fact, because the wall is curved at the return where I installed it, the bag actually points back into the wall at the tail end.

I'm wondering if it was my faulty installation that has been causing problems with my Polaris. What happens is that as the Polaris climbs the wall, the wheels grab the bag and drag it off. Maybe if it was oriented away from the wall that wouldn't happen?

Does anyone have a poolskim and Polaris that get along well?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

I have both...I have my mine setup also parallel with pool side but, the bag faces the long side of pool (not the corner).
Our old 180 polaris has never ripped off the bag but, does sometimes get hungup on the pool skim (top and inlet pipe) but, Wall-E (our name for the polaris) also gets stuck on the build in stairs (he has now backup valve)...poor old thing

chris

My PoolSkim is installed in an oval AGP where the return is centered in one of the rounded ends. The device instructions said to install it at a 45* angle. Makes sense because the PoolSkim is now an extension of the return and directs the water flow. The angle is just about perfect for my oval pool.

I don't use an automatic cleaner and can't address the issue of your Polaris getting tangled with the bag. Adjusting the angle might help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.