Hawkeye's Baq Conversion

Re: my coversion is almost complete!

ok should i maintain 15ppm all day if i can at this piont or should i be adding beach in the evening? last night i added 12.5% to bring fc back to 15ppm and it lost 2.5 ppm overnight but it did add 10 oz of cya yesterday also.....................thanks evryone for your info :goodjob:

The conversion will go more quickly if your maintain the FC level all day, but that is a less efficient use of chlorine than only adding chlorine in the evening. Now that your rate of FC loss has slowed down, most of the chlorine is lost to sunlight.

hawkeye said:
ok should i maintain 15ppm all day if i can at this piont or should i be adding beach in the evening? last night i added 12.5% to bring fc back to 15ppm and it lost 2.5 ppm overnight but it did add 10 oz of cya yesterday also.....................thanks evryone for your info :goodjob:

Yes. Keep it at 15 or above all day long and when you go to bed make sure it is still at least at 15. Do this until it holds all night long with only 1 ppm loss overnight.

Re: New to a baqu conversion

i just buy the 12.5%chlorine from local pool stores its so much easier to use than 6% i totally seen the light on that deal.........just dont stess on this your doing awesome you will be so glad you switched...i seen the most irrate guy with a baqua sample at the pool store the other day and i gave him my card and told him when he was ready to switch to chorine call me!!

update i talked to doughboy to confirm my gallons in the pool it is 18ft round 52in deep and this is what said said "An 18' pool holds approximately 7,260 gallons and if it has a deep end it holds approximately 9,360 gallons of water. so now i know the pool calculator is way off or am i the one who is way off? :blah: :blah: :blah: haha...

this pool water is so clear what a awesome site!!

fc 14
cc 0.5
ph 7.5
ta 130
ch 140
temp 84

i think i finally did it!

i think i finally got the pool ready to balance i havehad cc lower than 0.5 for 3 days and my overnight fc test loss have been 1.0 or lower so i am wondering what would be the next step??

what range is good to use in all levels?

i tested the cya last night after 8 days and imnot sure if i did it right but vial was almost full before the black dot started to get a little hard to see but i could always see it a little i added 38 oz of cya and i figured it would be enough to make the black dot disappear...should i add more?

lmk mike b

ok cool now my question is the cya its been a week since i added it and i didnt have much luck with the black dot disappearing when i tested today....so should i wait few more days to test?
what i figured is fc is going from 15ppm in morning to 8ppm during daytime when the sun is on it all day long so im losing not all my fc so there must be a certain cya level im not sure about the test i did the vial was almost full and i could still see black dot a little was murky though.....thanks mike

hawkeye said:
ok cool now my question is the cya its been a week since i added it and i didnt have much luck with the black dot disappearing when i tested today....so should i wait few more days to test?
what i figured is fc is going from 15ppm in morning to 8ppm during daytime when the sun is on it all day long so im losing not all my fc so there must be a certain cya level im not sure about the test i did the vial was almost full and i could still see black dot a little was murky though.....thanks mike

I would add one more pound of CYA. You put in enough to get to 30 or so which is at the bottom of your test range. Another pound should get you around 40.

I think you are losing some of that FC to organics (algae). I would suggest you do the overnight FC loss test up in Pool School to confirm that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
everything is going real good with my conversion in last stage if not complete :mrgreen: i had my wife scrub the solar cover down with a little bleach water to get that nasty baquacil off it just in case when i was at work :goodjob: shes the best! :mrgreen: the fc drifted down to 5.0.....im hoping to warm the pool a little now so we can swim i will test the waters cya in 4 days.... i added enough the be 40-50 ppm range what a weird year for weather here in iowa cool most the year what could this mean? i hope nothing as far as long winters :cry:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.