Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DIY Slide

1. Back To Top    #1

DIY Slide

Ever wondered how high your home owner's insurance premiums could go? Try building one of these!

Warning: Pretty annoying music...

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech ... n-backyard

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DIY Slide

That is just unreal...
    15' x 24' x 52" Buttressfree Concorde (Atlantic) ABG installed 2007, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1 speed Pump, Royal Entrance Steps, Clear Solar Blanket, New Deck, and maybe soon a heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

It doesn't look that high from the ground, but it sure looks way up there when they film from the top. Looks dangerous as heck to climb it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Doesn't look safe at all.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

5. Back To Top    #5

no not very safe. How about these fools:

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/just_ ... Slide/#404
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

6. Back To Top    #6

Wasn't real impressed with the slide, but the link about the guy who built a working 1/32 scale Nautilus sub was great! Guy did a great job on it.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

7. Back To Top    #7

Well, I know what my next project is!!!!!

I gotta say though, did anyone see that water?!?! At the end of the video it looks toxic when the light it on. LOL Maybe they have that green pool dye in it though?

Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

8. Back To Top    #8

I used to lay those pipes. They are 21' long, it looked like he cut off about 5' at the end of it. The slide is about 35' long then. I would hate to run my arm down one of those cut edges coming down too, it would be sharp. My brother took a 36" piece of this stuff, and ripped it down for a tunnel before. Oh, and we rolled one of my coworkers down a hill in one too, it was a good idea at the time, no injuries, but he was not happy at the end.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

9. Back To Top    #9

The first one: i would have killed anyone who topped out my tree to build that ugly and dangerous thing. And how many codes did they violate?? And they so would have been better off spending the money to clear up the water instead! yuk.

in the second, I couldn't beleive when I saw the pool they were landing in... I guess that guy who missed was the one to test to see if the trajectory was correct... oops...

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Man, my wife is such a spoilsport.

I was happily cutting down trees and starting to nail together the ladder when she zapped me with the shock collar (again) and I had to quit and go inside. I'm pretty sure I left a beer out there, too.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Don't leave the beer... That is alcohol abuse.
    steve

12. Back To Top    #12

that is insane!!!
    but, they looked like they were having fun...I just couldn't let me kids do that (yes, I will be the uncool mom)

chris
    30-40yr old prehistoric IG gunite 20 X 40 approx 30000gals
    now with new cool blue Diamond Brite and blue waterline tile (looking good for 40yr old pool)
    new Hayward 244T sand filter, 3/4 Hayward pump, Jandy heat pump
    pool skim (love it)

13. Back To Top    #13

ah to be young, stupid and ignorant again. sigh.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here