Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What is this Domed thing?

  1. Back To Top    #1

    What is this Domed thing?

    I could us some help identifying this domed thing in the picture. It is connected to a pipe coming out of the pump pad with a one way check valve in it. The plumbing is for a pool spa.

    Thanks for any help,
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. Back To Top    #2
    launboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    S.E. Wisconsin

    Re: What is this Domed thing?

    Does it have electric going to it? Kind of looks like it might be a really old blower for the spa. Does the check valve only allow stuff to go in, or only out? Have you removed the two screws and lid(or at least what appears too be such)?

    P.S. Wow, all the equipment looks pretty old. Is that the original pump and motor with a metal strainer basket?

    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

  3. Back To Top    #3
    spishex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hillsborough, NC

    Re: What is this Domed thing?

    Another vote for blower.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts