New tub, first numbers

Laenini

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Brooklyn Park, MN
The new tub arrived and its up and running. I just checked my first set of numbers and here they are:

pH = 7.8
FC = 1.5
CC = 0.5
TC = 2.0
TA = 260
CH = 320
CYA = 25

Now, before any of you tell me that I am crazy and that I need to go check those numbers again, I should explain that we used 1/2 fresh tap water and 1/2 water from my pool to fill the tub, so that is why there is already CYA and chlorine showing up.

I did a quick check of my pool water and its readings tonight are:
FC = 6.0
CC = 0

So, my first goal is to adjust the TA, correct? Its a 500 gal tub so I am going to add a total of 5 oz of MA (diluted and as 2.5 oz additions) and then turn all the jets on. Then I recheck in 30 min, right?

Any thoughts too on why my pool tests negative for CC but I'm finding them right away in the tub? Should I shock just to be safe?

You're on the right track for lowering TA. Because of the high CH and the high temp in the spa, you'll want to keep pH and TA low-ish in the long run.

I always get some CC in the spa and rarely in the pool. I wouldn't worry about it as long as it's 0.5 or less.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.