I am closing my pool Friday!!!

Feb 2, 2008
Northwest Indiana
Since the weather is going to get cold for yet another weekend I decided I am going to close my pool early this year...long term forcast for the midwest shows below avg temperatures through September... :hammer: So I might as well get a good early start on things. :grrrr:

oh wait just looked out office window...the sun is shining maybe I will wait :cheers: :party:

Yeah. Wait.

Wait for a cool day. We've had plenty of them here in PA, not that I'm complaining because they're way better than sweltering humidity. Anyway, wait for a cool day and dive in. The pool water will feel ever so much warmer than the outside air and, before long, you'll want to stay in the pool just to stay warm. Even if the water temp is only 72. Or 68.

Brrr.

A friend in TX said it's been 104 where he lives. A friend near San Diego says the nights have been so cool there that she hasn't yet been in her pool because the water temp isn't to her liking.

Mine is hovering at 76 F. I'd like it warmer but I've learned to like what I have.

I realize that your weather is not great for swimming, but if I were in your shoes I would be thanking the Lord for the cool...pool be danged. We are sweltering down here in Texas, and probably will be for the next 2 months. After that it will cool off to just plain old hot.

Those blessed cool nights are so far away it's like waiting for Christmas...

Beez said:
I realize that your weather is not great for swimming, but if I were in your shoes I would be thanking the Lord for the cool...pool be danged. We are sweltering down here in Texas, and probably will be for the next 2 months. After that it will cool off to just plain old hot.

Those blessed cool nights are so far away it's like waiting for Christmas...

I've always heard that Texas has two seasons - He** and winter. :lol:

Yeah, pretty pathetic I've only been in our pool once this summer. But I'm a wuss, won't go in unless it's above 86. :cool: Luckily, we've managed to keep the pool around that despite the cool temps and cloudy weather with the solar heat.

Well, it was warm until today when I woke up to being alerted that the pool was draining and water was spraying out of the pump. The temp. fix that another family member did to my pool pump strainer basket failed and the pool was draining. Luckily the pump was off, and less than 1/3 was emptied.

I never would have thought the hot tub would get more use than the pool in the middle of summer! :roll:

Adam

searayboater said:
MikeInTN said:
I've always heard that Texas has two seasons - He** and winter. :lol:

Today it hit 105. My pool is stuck at 94. Texas does have two seasons, he!! and something slightly cooler than he!!
The only real winter in Texas is in the panhandle.

Searay...I am hearing up hear that you guys can't even take the Searay out onto the lakes down there because they are so low on water. That is the scary part...It is amazing how the weather can change things...I guess my big complaint is that I haven't had one Saturday where I could just get in the pool and float in the warm sun. The only two weekends I can remember were weekends where we were out of town or I had a work function. I'd like a couple of really hot 90 degree days though...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's supposed to be 80* and humid today here in New England. With a water temp of 69*, I'm sure there'll be condensation on the side of the pool later.
I bet THAT never happens in Texas! :wink:

Maybe we could rent a tanker truck, and swap some water!

I don't think there are many Canadians swimming either...watched my kids go in for 5 minutes yesterday and then get out.
It's actually warmer in the water than outside even without a heater.

I haven't even been in my pool for a good month it seems! This weather is like... not pool friendly. :?

Last August, I didn't even swim cuz the water was so cold. I'm hoping for a turn around this August! Today's high... 75*... in July! :shock: :grrrr:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.