Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kit refill questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Kit refill questions

I need to order some refills for my Taylor 2006.

I need the R 0871 stuff for testing FC. 1) Do I need to stick with the 3/4oz bottle? Will the 2oz. bottle (assuming it's all in one bottle, not two 1oz bottles) fit in my blue box? 2) How long do these reagents last? Will I have to replace everything next year? If so, I'll only order the 3/4oz now.
    27' round AG, sand, Ohio, well water, 19,000 gallons approx., New owners to the pool.

2. Back To Top    #2
    About a 1/2 hour from P.S.U.

Re: Kit refill questions

I believe as long as you store your kit in a cool dry place, you should be able to get 2/3 seasons before you "should" replace.
    Don't forget TFTESTKITS has refills also.
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd love to order from them, but they are more expensive and I don't need $15 worth of refills
    27' round AG, sand, Ohio, well water, 19,000 gallons approx., New owners to the pool.

4. Back To Top    #4

The Taylor 2 oz bottles will not fit into your box. Order them anyway and get yourself a small tool box to keep your testing supplies in. You will have room for your sample bottle and any other things you might use for pool testing (like magnetic stirrer or addtional test kits for borates, salt, or metals.)
    Actually the FAS titrant is the one reagent that is most likely to go bad when stored for a long time. If stored properly you might get two seasons out of it but if it turns color (pale pink to orange) throw it out.

5. Back To Top    #5

Sarasota Florida

or do what i did and pop the top off the small bottle and pour the contents from the larger bottle into it. Then it will still fit in the box.
    Kidney shaped ~ 10000 gallon Ig Plaster pool with pool cage. 120sf Cartridge filter. Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-26, 230 Volt, 7.8/3.0 Amp, 1-1/2 Horsepower 2 speed pump, Solar panels on the roof. Heliotrope HelioMatic 4000D solar controller.