Skimmer cover repair

deenamccauley

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
So after some bozo decides to use my skimmer cover as a spring board into the pool and shatters it....and the "pool store" wants 100 bucks to replace it. We decided to get creative. We found 1/2 inch plexiglass cut it and roughed it up a bit so it wasn't slippery and so far so good.
I've tried to include a pic but it keeps telling me my file is invalid.
Anyone have any other thoughts if this doesn't work.?

Yes, very much like that only round. It seems like everything where I am (Alberta, Canada) either has to be special ordered and shipped from the states or half the time they don't even know what I am talking about.
They figured $100 dollars by the time all was said and done. Way too rich for my blood.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure why we end up paying so much.
I ordered a winter cover last year and was appaled when I recieved the actual bill for the pool store and we paid a 300% mark up. It probably would have been cheaper to order it from the states and pay the shipping.
I've been trying to find a supplier for bulk test reagents and although I can find suppliers in the states I cannot seem to find anyone in Canada. So if anyone knows of one, I'd love to hear the name.
A lot of the states ones will not ship "chemicals" over the border so that eliminates them....but surely there must be some Canadian pool suppliers that will ship bulk reagents.

I'm pretty sure the reason no US company can ship Taylor reagents to Canada is because of an exclusive distribution agreement Taylor has with some Canadian company. Violate the agreement, and Taylor stops selling it's reagents to you.

I'm thinking Apollo Pools sells the Taylor test kits up there, so you might check with them for reagents.

Just FYI....Appolo Pools does indeed carry Taylor reagents and all things Taylor, they tell me.
In large and small amounts.
I've ordered other things from them before so I know they are very good at the customer service end too.
Thanks for everyone's help.

Reply I got from poolcenter.com regarding Taylor test kits

We are prohibited from shipping Taylor Test Kits to Canada. The Canadian Government will not allow it.

Thanks for the Inquiry!!

Christina Scypion

POOLCENTER.com

CSR

(703) 778-2580 Ext 139

(703) 778-2585 Fax

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.