Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Pump timer

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Pump timer

Does anyone have a clue why my timer just stopped working its a mechanical timer with a dial. similar o this one. So i set it to 4pm about they are not accurate on time and at 4ish it seems to try click it on but its like 3/4 of the way to on and the same thing happens to it when its try's to turn off.

2. Back To Top    #2
    S.E. MI

Re: Pool Pump timer

Make sure the dial that has the time on it (mine is yellow) is fully seated. In other words when you change the time, sometimes the dial will not go all the way back.
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)

3. Back To Top    #3

ya mine is yellow too. I will check but it does keep time it moves but the tripdogs dont fully engage the on off setting .I will update if my timer isnt pushed in all the way.

4. Back To Top    #4

OK nothing so far worked .It wants to engage but stops just short of turning on.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry
    Silicon Valley, CA

Your trippers could be:
    Not the right manufacturer.
    They aren't on the dial all the way.
    They are worn.
    Trippers should be relatively inexpensive, Have you tried a new set?
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

6. Back To Top    #6

No i have not tried a new set these have never been changed .I dont know why 1 day they worked and the next they did not.i know stuff like this happens but its very odd on something like this.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks Clown for the suggestions I did replace the Trips and Now it seems to be working again. Once it hits 4 pm it takes like 2-3 min to fully flip the switch. It works so i dont care. THE BEST FORUMS out here.