Link to Posted Information

rocky

Jun 30, 2009
Is there a way to do a search on a particular topic/words and then be able to read the post on that topic? Yesterday I thought I generated a post on sodium bicarbonate. Can't find it today. Maybe I had a senior moment and did not actually post the comment only typed it.

Welcome to TFP!!

I've got to be one of the least computer literate members here :oops: ,,, so let me tell you what I do :) Since I can't always rely on the search function - I just go to "View your posts" in the upper right hand corner right below the POOL SCHOOL button to check on anything I've participated in :cool:

Not sure how I managed to do it but when I log in, below my name and non-avitar is the option to view new posts or my posts - I always go to view new posts and can see every post that has happened since I logged off (to be quite honest, I've only checked the entire forum topics a couple times - I don't have to the way I'm set up :) )

As for the 'senior moment', I've had a few of them - what I think I did wrong was to confuse previewing the post with submitting it :eek: and then just leaving the post. My wife has taught me how to open another window and check if the post actually posted - of course I often forget to do that :hammer:

Try to keep an eye on whether you're submitting or just previewing and remember to look for the page that says 'Your message has been posted successfully' before leaving the thread :p

Ann, sometimes it actually helps not to know how to use a computer :shock: :lol:

I don't assume others are as bad as I am, but if a 'non computer' person like me can post here, sometimes I'm more helpful than those who actually know what they're doing :wink: :cheers:

Doing the Google search does not get the results I want. I'm looking for my previous posts and they would not be on Google. However, the "View your posts" did show me that I really did post the comment on sodium bicarbonate.

Thanks everyone for the assistance.

You can see a list of all your posts in descending chronological order thru the profile search:

On the Home Page click on your username either under the "Who is online" (left side ) or the "User Menu" (right side), or,
from within any of your posts, click the "profile" button (bottom left, next to PM).

That will take you to "viewing (your) profile" where you can select "Search User's posts".

Hope this helps. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.