Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool brand

1. Back To Top    #1

pool brand

how can i tell what the brand of a pool is? i just go a used 24ft AG. there are no name plates or or anything on there. the only thing that i have saw was a stamp in the side wall that said vp99
    24 ft round ABG 4.5
    2 hp pump with 200 lb sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool brand

Got a picture of the wall pattern or the uprights, etc.? Some of the pools have very distinct styles
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

here it is.. hopefully someone knows what brand it is
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24 ft round ABG 4.5

4. Back To Top    #4

no one has any idea??
    24 ft round ABG 4.5

5. Back To Top    #5

*bump* still trying to find out the brand of my pool. look familier to anyone?
    24 ft round ABG 4.5

6. Back To Top    #6

Not one I've ever seen before. Keep bumping this every once in a while, maybe now that it's the busy season someone will know.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

I surfed a bunch of the popular pool merchants online and didn't see that wall style. Are your rails, uprights and upright caps all metal or are any composit or resin? They didn't start using resin regularly until some time in after about 2000. Are you looking for replacement parts or just curious? A lot of replacement parts are interchangable except some of the Doughboy, Esther Williams and Lomarts.....
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

8. Back To Top    #8

I've seen that wall pattern before, I'll look around and see if I can dig anything up.
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

9. Back To Top    #9

thanks guys.. i am thinking the pool is a 2004 that is what year the pump is and i think it was all bought at the same time.. i remember seeing a name that started with a v.. but i couldnt see the whole name, it was rubbed off. there is no metal on the top rails. i guess it is composite. i dont know what resin is. i am just curious to know what the brand is just incase. it might come in handy one day.
    24 ft round ABG 4.5

10. Back To Top    #10

The uprights are the same as mine, which is a Vogue, but the wall pattern and top rail are different. I haven't been able to find that pattern yet, but I will keep looking.
    As far as the uprights go, several manufacturers probably have ones that look like yours...so I'm really sure. The wall pattern is telling though...
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

11. Back To Top    #11

i am thinking that it may be a vogue. i did see what i thought was a vo and then all of the other letters were rubbed off.
    24 ft round ABG 4.5

12. Back To Top    #12

Just searched for VP99 and look where it takes me
    I have the same pattern on the wall but my posts and rails are different.
    Metal with plastic caps. I see this is an old post.
    I don't know the make of mine either.
    24' Round, Above Ground, 13,600 gal, Vinyl Liner,
    Pentair SandDollar SD40 40GPM Sand Filter, Dynamo 1.5 HP Pump.

13. Back To Top    #13

In my opinion, it doesn't matter, unless you are looking for repair parts for the risers or top rail. Based on the photos at Vogues Canadian website, they are a Wilbar company.

http://www.piscinesvogue.com/piscines.php?id=8#piscines
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

14. Back To Top    #14

That's true.
    I'm looking for a seat cap and was looking for an original.

15. Back To Top    #15

Are there any markings underneath? I don't see any branding on the outside of my parts but they are stamped with part numbers and date codes underneath. Try sending Wilbar customer service an email with whatever numbers are underneath the parts, a photo of the pool, photo of the part, and their dimensions.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

16. Back To Top    #16

Yea, looks like just a production stamp. But that's what I was thinking.
    I cracked one pulling the steps out. It's right on the edge of the deck.
    Thanks
    Didn't want to drag up an old thread but it was kind of ironic when my top search result for "VP99 pool" was TFP.
    I'm thinking 99 is the year. It's at minimum 9 years old.

The design

The stamp