Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Auto feeders for lowering PH?

1. Back To Top    #1

Auto feeders for lowering PH?

Are there any auto feeders, like floating dispensers, that can dispense powder or tablets that'll lower ph? I'm not interested in paying $1200+ for a pumping acid dispenser but if theres something I can throw out there to help a little, then I may try it.

I'm not really familiar enough to know what products actually lower PH besides the "PH Minus" product and plain old muriatic acid (which is what I would normally use).

Thanks for any info.
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Yes, the auto-chlorinator feeders that take tri-chlor pucks will lower pH and are useful for that as long as your CYA isn't or doesn't get to unacceptable levels.

Muriatic acid is far quicker and it's occassional use is painless to your pool in every respect.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

agreed on the acid, this was just a curiousity post. i just picked up more mur. acid to use as it is eay.

thanks for the reply.
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com