Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool deck retro

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool deck retro

I currently have 16 by 32 vinyl liner in-ground pool with poured concrete decking. The coping is the aluminum bull nose style. The deck is structurally sound, however we don't like the look any more. The pool walls are polymer. I installed the pool myself about 5 years ago so DIYS is not an issue. We would like to install tiles or stone to the deck, with stone or tile coping. Does anyone know a product that would make this task easy? Some kind of bull-nose that would wrap around the existing coping? We are located in NJ, so freeze / thaw is an issue.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Exeter, PA

Re: Pool deck retro

I saw at a pool show a new product that was designed for new installs. It basically was a plastic tounge and groove thingy that fit on top of the pool walls that allowed you to place a real tile border on vinyl lined pool. Is this like something you are looking for?
    X-Pert Pool Service
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Gulf Coast Florida

Re: Pool deck retro

the tile retro is called tru-tile. it is expensive but, when finished it looks fantastic. you get the look of a concrete pool with the smooth vinyl bottom. decking can be done with c&d thin pavers and coping. im not sure of the tru-tile website but, c & d is
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

near the swamp