8corneflakes

8corneflakes

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm joined today because I am going to use the BBB technique. I am frustrated with the pool store recommendations and tired of dragging six kids across town to get my water tested daily (store recommendations) by the ALEX computer only to walk out with $200.00 worth of chemicals that don't seem to do what I want them to do. I am excited to jump right in but need a test kit ASAP. I currently only have the dip stips from BIOGUARD (arrrgg). I need a test that tests Free Chlorine. The test at Walmart seems to only measure Total Chlorine Is there some deluxe test at Walmart that measure Free Chlorine or should I order one here? Any imput is appreciated!!

thanks,
theresa

Welcome to the fray. :-D You've made a good decision coming here. :goodjob:

You really need to get a good test kit. You won't regret it. If it were me I'd go ahead and order one today. Either the Taylor K2006 (make sure it's the 2006 & not the 2005) or my personal favorite, the TF100 from the link in my sig.

Go ahead and post the numbers you've gotten from the pool store and the good folks here can help you straighten out your pool.

P.S. Read Pool School if you haven't already. Aww, go ahead and read it again even if you have. :mrgreen: