Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 8corneflakes

1. Back To Top    #1

8corneflakes

I'm joined today because I am going to use the BBB technique. I am frustrated with the pool store recommendations and tired of dragging six kids across town to get my water tested daily (store recommendations) by the ALEX computer only to walk out with $200.00 worth of chemicals that don't seem to do what I want them to do. I am excited to jump right in but need a test kit ASAP. I currently only have the dip stips from BIOGUARD (arrrgg). I need a test that tests Free Chlorine. The test at Walmart seems to only measure Total Chlorine Is there some deluxe test at Walmart that measure Free Chlorine or should I order one here? Any imput is appreciated!!

thanks,
    theresa
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 8corneflakes

Welcome to the fray. You've made a good decision coming here.

You really need to get a good test kit. You won't regret it. If it were me I'd go ahead and order one today. Either the Taylor K2006 (make sure it's the 2006 & not the 2005) or my personal favorite, the TF100 from the link in my sig.

Go ahead and post the numbers you've gotten from the pool store and the good folks here can help you straighten out your pool.

P.S. Read Pool School if you haven't already. Aww, go ahead and read it again even if you have.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I will order the kit today! I clicked your link to pool school and it goes nowhere. Maybe the class is already filled! LOL. Where is it?

thanks,
    theresa
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

4. Back To Top    #4

Nevermind, It's the HUGE button in the right hand corner. I will get my eyes checked!

again, thanks,
    theresa
    Theresa and/or Gary

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome Theresa, you've come to the right place!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com