So for three weeks i have been battling the leveling of our new Intex pool. I finally got it level last Monday and started filling it (from our well). Today it is full (i only filled a couple of hours per day to prevent from putting too much stress on the pool). Of course, I didn't bother to do any research on pool treatment, but I can happily say that the water was completely clear this afternoon when I turned the pump on.
We do have hard water (the well was tested when drilled two years ago, and it was high in calcium and magnesium). Not knowing what I was doing, I purchase some Aqua Tech test strips, tested the water and used their website to treat the pool based on the test strip results. I purchased some chlorinating tables (three inch), ph down (because it was high), stabilizer, metal and scale control (can't remember exactly), and the shock plus treatment.
So today, I turn the pump on and put in the shock treatment and anti-algae treatment and then go take a nap. When I woke up and looked in my pool, imagine my surprise when my previously clear water was dark green. It was still clear, but very green. A quick google search tells me that it is due to the reaction of the chlorine and the magnesium in the water. I have since added the scale metal treatment and the ph down. It's still green. Like I said before, I've been battling the dirt to level this pool for almost 4 weeks (we actually filled the pool once and had to drain it). My kids are driving me crazy to get in the pool, but I'm scared to let them get into the green water. I couldn't find anything quick through searching this site, so I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. It's a scorcher here today and we were looking forward to getting in the pool - HELP!
and thanks for any and all replies.