Decent vacum for Intex 12 ft pool

Jun 26, 2007
MA
I have the 12 ft Intex soft blue pool, I have an HTH hose vacum from Walmart 12.00 it doesn't seem to work very well.Is there a better one thats not too much more or any tips on mine. I did just order a skimmer for the side of the pool hoping that will help when I get it

You will not be able to use a traditional vacuum with the pump/filter that came with your pool, sorry to say! It is just too wimpy.

Best advice I can give is to stir the water with your skimmer, making a whirlpool in the middle. As the junk from the bottom flies around the whirlpool, you can get it out with the skimmer. This action also suspends smaller particles so the filter can get them. After you get the big junk, you might try putting pantyhose over the skimmer to get a finer mesh, and get some of the smaller stuff.

ETA you can try putting some cotton or aquarium filter material (the stuff that looks like clouds) in the bag for your venturi vac... that will sometimes help catch the smaller stuff, too.

I had a 12 foot seasonal pool that I used to put up every summer. It had sides more rigid than the intex pools and I was able to add a skimmer at water level. I also changed out the pump and filter for the cheapest sand filter and pump I could find. I think the filter and pump cost me $200. After that vacuuming was no problem and the skimmer really helped keep the stuff from getting on the bottom for the most part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.