OK, So I thought I knew what I was doing with my pool for the past 9 years until this year. Everything that could go wrong apparently has. I am chin deep into the deepest emerald green swamp a person could have. I even have an aligator, but he is a wire topiary form jokingly given by a friend.
I am at my wits end regarding this algae. I am not a current BBB person, though after reading the posts here, I will soon become one. I have been to three different pool supply stores looking for assistance, and all they do is try to sell me more stuff. Here is what I know, and I am looking for ANY advice I can get.
I am in a Kansas City suburb and we have had a pretty wet spring (if that makes any difference).
I have a vinyl lined, concrete walled pool
I run my pump 24x7 ( does that matter?)
At last check my chlorine is at 3.5 (high due to the shock treatment the pool place recommended)
My ph is 7.2
I have done multiple double and triple shock treatments, I have done the copper 'terminator' treatment, I have swept and swept, I have worried that my testing chemicals are bad, I am at my wits end and do not know who to trust any more.
IF, I ever get the algae under control, what steps do I need to go through to convert to the BBB method?