Before and after pics. AG pool. Mostly pavers work.

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
28o6sw.jpg

6nshht.jpg

16gcp40.jpg

fzb5ti.jpg

sncq6r.jpg

wi36ev.jpg

fcf1v.jpg

10p84n4.jpg

i6momv.jpg

Yes, we love it. "It is what it is." We know we have a small yard, but we did our best and enjoy it fully. We try and eat out there whenever we could. Drink coffee, just hang out with the kids. We've never done that before out there.

We may even think of getting a BBQ. wow. lol

I ran a gas pipe out the back wall a few years ago, in case I ever wanted a bbq. Patience pays off. lol I think you can see the small red pipe sticking out in one of the pics. Yep, 4th pic, top right of the pic. Thanks

Ooo, I like! :goodjob: So am I getting this right, that you basically paved your entire back yard? Because I've been considering this idea myself...

Was this a DIY project? Was it costly? Enquiring minds want to know!

Congrats!
:cheers:
Dave

This is a very long story involving a $29 inflatable pool...... but I'll keep it short and here we are at the above. It was a little pricey, but I had help.

It's not really a diy unless you have some really good helpers. It took a few truckloads of soil and concrete, grass dumps until we were done. My cousin and his crew did most of the work. The level of my yard was more off than I had thought.

My cousin did me a huge favor by just charging me for his employees' salaries that he paid them. I used his big construction equipment. Backhoe, jackhammer, dump truck etc... for free.

There is some grass on the side and back of the pool. Hey, I still need my battery operated lawnmower. lol

Going out there now with the wife to have some coffee. This is all new to me, so I'm enjoying it.

thanks.

Hi from another lazy man...

I have the exact same patio furniture as you, and had a cool (and fairly inexpensive) idea that you or anyone else with a similar table could try. Those tiles that come with the table are replaceable, so it's pretty simple to change them out with any color/pattern/stone that you want. It may take a little bit of careful trimming with a tile saw, but I think it's worth it.

lazyman, you have done a great job :cheers: Is that outdoor speakers I see hanging off the back of the house????? :-D All you need is to set up an outdoor kitchen and we will be over for the party :cheers: Good job :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brentr said:
lazyman, you have done a great job :cheers: Is that outdoor speakers I see hanging off the back of the house????? :-D All you need is to set up an outdoor kitchen and we will be over for the party :cheers: Good job :goodjob:

Love the E-mail notifications when someone posts.

Thank you. Yes, they're outdoor speakers. They are connected to a whole house audio/video system. Well, just the outside and MBR for now have the actual speakers (besides the central Home theater area), but everything else is already wired for it. I have access to a 301 disk DVD player, radio TV music etc... anywhere in the house from the central location. I like it. Each zone or room would have a keypad to control that area. All I need is a waterproof remote now. lol

Drussin, I did notice that a regular tile may fit in there. I hope never to break any, but it's good to know they can be replaced. They do look a bit heftier than regular tiles. Not sure. They do look thicker than the porcelain that I put in my kitchen. That's all the experience I have with tile. Nothing else to go by.

Thanks!

It doesn't look so great now the the pool cover, air pillow, water and tarps everywhere. When's swim season again? (in NJ?) lol

You can still enjoy your back yard even if you have a cover over the pool :-D We have a propane heater that we use and set up some lights and plug in some of those christmas ordinaments and kick back with a drink :cheers: We do everynite even when it rains :goodjob: Look at out Spool Build in the signature :party: :santa: :santa:

Brentr said:
You can still enjoy your back yard even if you have a cover over the pool :-D We have a propane heater that we use and set up some lights and plug in some of those christmas ordinaments and kick back with a drink :cheers: We do everynite even when it rains :goodjob: Look at out Spool Build in the signature :party: :santa: :santa:

Wow! Very nice! I'm sure you enjoy that immensly. Can't really do it here in NJ. It's just too cold. The "rain" would be snow soon, up here.

A fire pit would be a very nice addition :goodjob: They are on sale at Walmart and you can enjoy this in the snow, just bundle up next to your hunny and make sure you have a warm toddy :cheers:

Brentr said:

If you bring the beer, I'll bring the back straps! Oh and pick me up on the way through! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.