Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New LED too small for light niche- advice?

1. Back To Top    #1

New LED too small for light niche- advice?

Topic Split by Moderator

We have an old copper niche measuring 12" O.D around the flange and 10" i.d. Since I am installing a brand new LED light from Hayward and its measurements are 1" shorter in over all diameter. I now have no where to lock or screw the new light. Also I newly discovered the niche is protruding out from the wall and needs replacing anyway. How do I replace the Niche with a new Hayward niche and make the hole smaller to fit the new niche? Also doing so without breaking the concrete?

Are their any coversion kits available on the market to accomadate this need?
    31050 gallon, inground with 7'8" deep end, zodiac d200 swg, Hayward 250,000 btu led heater, 450 sq ft system 3 cartridge filter, 1hp sta-rite pump, navigator pool cleaner (that only likes to clean the deep end), solar blanket (with clear deck), 2 main drains in deep end, shallow and deep end skimmers

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Exeter, PA

Re: New LED too small for light niche- advice?

Protruding from the wall? Is this a vinyl lined pool with old wood walls? If so u might have a big problem. Do you still have the original light, if so you can hollow it out and out the new light inside the old one. How about some pictures to help this situation
    X-Pert Pool Service
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp