I'm about give up on a pool how do you get fine sediment out

Jun 11, 2009
I bought an intex pipe type pool not the blow up kind I have had nothing but headaches from getting the pool even I.

Which we had to drain all the water twice and to even the dirt out then with filling the water the third time I used my well water

the first two time I had it filled by the fire dept but it was a hundred dollars each time.

Next after adding my chlorine the water turned brown from iron

that was another couple weeks of working on the pool

finally got the brown out and aftermay and June having never even stepping into the pool

it was time I got sunburned my own fault

then my 12yr old daughter and her two cousins went in andmplayed all day in there

it was great but they kept running in and out dropping there glories on the ground with them

All dirty they would bring them in the pool

now I have a ton of dirt that if I vacuum with the hose type vacuum I'm going to put iron back in the pool and the intex says not to hook a vacuum to the filter

so I bought a battery operated vacuum which it says on the box will pick up fine dirt and silt

wrong it blows it right out so I had to buy a special filter for it and a piece of sticking type material

tried that and it blew the dirt right out again

I do not know what I can do

my daughter and I have been in it once each and I'm losing patience

I'm really hating this pleas help

also does anyone know why you can't run the intex filter when people are in the pool thanks

Traci

Edited for line breaks only. Butterfly

You can't run the Intex filter while people are in the pool for safety reasons. The installations are usually performed by people without electrical training, and the pump probably hasn't been as well tested for safety as more permanent pools.

Does the dirt get stirred up and mix with the water when people are swimming? If so, just spending time stirring it by brushing a couple of times a day can help the filter pick the dirt up.

You aren't alone. The big weakness of those pools is the filtration system. There are some upgrade systems that can allow you to use a standard vacuum, but they can cost as much as or more than the pool itself.

For your own sanity, I would consider upgrading to a better filter/pump that allows vacuming into the filter, for next year's season (I'm assuming you'll take this down for the winter?).

If you do some research now, you may be able to find and end-of-season special and get a good price.

A small 3/4 hp pump/sand filter combo may do the trick. :wink:

So sorry you aren't enjoying your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.