virgin lacquer thinner - water quality

rocket

Jul 8, 2009
Hello,

Building new pool. Have the pool half full. However, noticed that the concrete guy did not clean my pool step and sealed the concrete releasing powder into my pool step. As well as sides of pool. He came back and removed most of the sealer with virgin lacquer thinner. Was wonding if this was cause for alarm. I am thinking of draining the pool and washing in down throughly and start refilling from scratch. The virgin lacquer thinner was used to clean step so probably very small amount made it into the pool (step at water line). Also the grey concrete releaser powder is all over in the crease of the automatic cover track. Also building a building and saw dust, shingle debris, and stucco debris falling in pool. Small pieces of dried sealer already floating in pool water. I don't want to take any chances with young kids swimming in the pool. What should I do?

Welcome to TFP!

Standard chlorine levels, rinsing with a garden hose, filtering, and vacuuming can clean things up. If you have a giant "oil slick" of lacquer thinner then you might want to do something more, but if you simply know that a little got in but only see the release powder, then normal cleaning should take care of everything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.