I spent a lot of time on the site and I THINK I am on the right path but I would like some confirmation from you guys.
My pool has been open for one month. Here are my readings (Hopefully I got these right. I just received the TF100 test kit today. Prior to that I was using a smaller Taylor kit my PB gave me.)
FC = 2.0
CC = 0
TA = 130
PH = 7.8 (my best guess because 7.6, 7.8 and 8.0 all look pretty much alike to me.)
CH = 300
CYA = 40
Borates = ??? ( I did not add any so I guess 0 )
Phosphates = 500 (I am not testing for these. This was from my PB on Saturday when I took my water into them for testing)
Here is my plan that I would like your opinion on:
1) Use muriatic acid to lower PH and TA. Aerate to increase PH. Keep at it until I get TA = 90 and PH = 7.8
2) Add stabilizer until I get CYA = 70 (Can I add this while I am also lowering my TA? Or does this need to happen first?)
3) Increase SWG so that FC = 5
4) After I get 1, 2, and 3 finished, add Borates to 50.
5) I do not fully understand the phosphates. According to my PB this is the food of Algae so besides the FC, I should lower this to zero via a product he has called PhosFree. That way the Algae will not even have a food source. What is the Trouble Free Pool recommendation for Phosphates?
Are my target numbers correct? Is my plan in accordance with what I think I read on the site?
I feel like I am getting close so thanks for all your help.
By the way, I think my water looks and feels great now; so I am curious to see if it gets even better once I finish the above steps.