Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: aquapure 1400 no chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

aquapure 1400 no chlorine

i have a 1 year old pool with jandy 1400 aquapure system. just tested my water and took it in to the pool store. they say i have 0 chlorine. everything else is fine. i have no error codes and run the unit at 90%. water is crystal clear. does look like i may have some discoloration on the plaster. kinda light brown areas.

i plan on shocking the pool tonight. i opened up the cell and it looks clean. no scales or debris. its been very hot and sunny, no rain and temps in the high 90's.
    21 x 41 Oval AGP (24,000 Gallons)
    Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: aquapure 1400 no chlorine

You should post a full set of water test results, and tell us what the lights of the control panel for the SWG say.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

free chlorine 0
    total chlorine 0
    ph 8.2
    hardness 200 ppm
    alk 110 ppm
    cy acid 50 ppm
    copper 0
    iron 0
    salinity 3000

the computer said to add 2 pt of muratic acid
    and 3 lbs of salt shock.

the lights show the unit on, flow is ok, flow reversing/cleaning and it goes to cell resting from time to time. water temp is 92
    Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

You should bring the PH down to 7.5 right away, before shocking.

You should also raise the CYA level up to between 70 and 80. The low CYA level might be the problem. You lose a lot more chlorine to sunlight when the CYA level is low, which could be enough that the SWG can't feel up and algae has been able to get started (even if you can't see it yet).

Shocking is a great idea. Once you shock and adjust the levels the SWG should be able to keep up.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks, after shock 24 hours, the chlorine is up to satisfactory levels. we will see how it holds.
    we have had 2 months of no rain and 100 degree heat. must be hard on pool chemistry.
    Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

you might find this thead helpful
    water-balance-tips-for-a-swg-t3663.html

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Don't forget, the unit only make Cl if the pump is on. Are you running the pump longer in the hotter weather?
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.