granular CYA clarification

reebok

Apr 19, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I would like to recommend that the pool school articles be updated re: granular CYA and the dissolving time. people are thinking that it's going to take a week to WORK as opposed to simply register on the test. so if it's true that it should be working right away (as soon as it's dissolved from the sock or however they do it) which is what I understand from what I've read here, I think the articles should be updated to reflect that so people don't go out and spend a lot of money on liquid conditioner because they need it "right away". here are two articles I know of.

pool-school/pool_water_chemistry

pool-school/recommended_pool_chemicals

I've seen this come up a couple times recently, here is one example:
new-test-kit-and-new-pool-t15144.html

well it looks like you talk about the expense of liquid, but like the post mentioned above, she didn't care about the cost, she just needed it "right now". I don't see anything that reflects the granular taking effect as soon as it's dissolved (if it in fact does).

Granular doesn't take effect instantly. It is at about 50% after 12 hour and 75% after 24 hours (those times can vary quite a bit). However, I really can't think of a situation where it taking that much time actually matters. The only disadvantage of the liquid product is the cost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.