Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Letro Legend Pool cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Coppell, TX

Letro Legend Pool cleaner

I recently bought a house with a pool. I am a newbie to pools and pool maintenance. I recently noticed that the wall fitting on the pool cleaner had a crack in it. I went to the local pool supply store and bought a replacement made by polaris. When I install the polaris one, the pressure relief valve is open. I don't understand if the problem is with the polaris wall fitting or i have the wrong kind, or I did not install it correctly. Also, there are 2 (red and blue) discs that came with the polaris wall fitting and I have no idea what to do with them. Any help is much appreciated.

I have an approximately 18000 gallon pool with DE filter and is plastered IG pool

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Annandale, VA

Re: Letro Legend Pool cleaner

One of the manuals on the Pressure Side section of this page ( ... hp?d=2&s=7) should explain how to use the discs. You use one of them (or none) to regulate pressure to the cleaner.

When you say "the pressure relief valve is open" do you mean you can see that its open, or that water comes out of it when its on?

16x32 Concrete IG, 20+ years old and going strong
    Equipment: DE Filter, Jandy Gas Heater, Solar Panels, 1hp Hayward Pump with 3/4 HP AO Smith 2 Speed Replacement Motor, Aquarite SWG
    Automation: Pentair Suntouch controller w/solar valve
    Cleaners: Polaris 280 (replaced an Aquabot)