Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Our Staycation spot

1. Back To Top    #1

Our Staycation spot

The trees are a pain, but our pool is 5 degrees cooler than the others around us, so I can deal with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20,500 gal gunite pool w/ PebbleTec and infloor cleaning system.
    Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter.
    Houston, TX

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Our Staycation spot

Nice! Some cold drinks, good food and beach music and you have instant paradise.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Raleigh, NC

Nice....I agree, a few drinks and music and staycation is's so rewarding to create your own pool oasis...we're doing the same thing....and I can't wait on what else we come up with over the years
    NCSalt! IG - Mountain Lake 21x40/Vinyl Liner Fiberglass stairs/Hayward Sand Filter/Polaris 3900 w/Booster-pump (5060)/SWG Aqua Rite-Prologic-T-15 cell/Hayward Elec. Heat Pump/2 skimmers/Gallons: 18900/900 sq ft stamped concrete/Concrete Coping/TF100-Test Kit Hot tub: Dynasty Spa/Neptune Series, 5-person, 400 gallons, carbon filter plus 2 regular filters, LED color lights. "I control my pool, and not the other way around":-)

4. Back To Top    #4
    West Chester, PA

SO nice!!!
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

love it!!!
    30-40yr old prehistoric IG gunite 20 X 40 approx 30000gals
    now with new cool blue Diamond Brite and blue waterline tile (looking good for 40yr old pool)
    new Hayward 244T sand filter, 3/4 Hayward pump, Jandy heat pump
    pool skim (love it)

6. Back To Top    #6

I LOVE IT!

This is exactly what we are doing at this moment. We had an irregular, gunite pool with coping and tile in bad shape. Now, all we have is an ugly hole in the ground with lots of men working daily.
    10,000 gallon in-ground pool, Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWG, Jandy Purelink Water Purification System, AquaLink RS Pool Digital Assistant, Jandy Stealth Series Pumps, Polaris 380, 3/4 hp booster pump, DE Filter, Lucayan Blue River Rok aggregate innerds

7. Back To Top    #7

love the stonework!
    14'x28' vinyl liner inground 3.5-6' deep wedge hopper 15000 gal (used to say 13000- I calculated wrong), 1 hp pump with sand filter, 2 returns, 1 fountain, traditional chlorinated, pool house.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Acton Maine

Absolutely gorgeous!
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator ,

9. Back To Top    #9
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Wow, that looks great!

What would really make it paradise would be a bunch of, models in skimpy bikinis frolicking around. Then people could start calling you "Hef."
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

10. Back To Top    #10

North Central Texas

The trees are nice but I can really testify the hassles created by them. I've put up with tree debris for going on 24 years. I had to cut down a huge, healthy, Aristocrat Pear this year that was shading the pool much of the day and another, younger smaller one; both shaded our house from afternoon sizzling sun and the pool is warming up much quicker than in years past. If only it would stop raining for a week I could be swimming in June rather than July.

They do shed "fake" pears for 3-4 months during the summer. The "pears" immediately settle to the bottom and stain the pool within minutes. Thousands of them.

The main reason I cut them down is that our puppy, Jake Mastiff, took a liking to them last summer and almost died from cyanide poisoning. The Doodles had no interest in them. With two new puppies, the Australian Cattle Monsters, and not knowing if Jake would still relish them, we decided the trees had to go along with one, just taking off, in the front fenced yard.

Your Oasis looks pristine and so inviting. Enjoy.

1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

11. Back To Top    #11

Spring, TX

Very nice
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

12. Back To Top    #12
    South Carolina

Beautiful oasis!

How did I miss this pic last year.....
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

13. Back To Top    #13

Columbia, SC

As my husband would say....SWEET!
    18k gallon in ground plaster with attached spa
    Pentair CCP 320 cartridge filter
    Goldline Aqua Rite SWG
    IntelliFlo VS pump
    Teledyne Laars ESC heater
    Hayward Pool Vac Ultra cleaner w/ skimmer Vac Plate and inline leaf basket
    Palm Springs, CA

14. Back To Top    #14

I could agree that Australian cattle dogs could be called "monsters"... They're great dogs, but have a mind of their own when they get bored.

Your pool is lovely!! Would love to have a staycation there too!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

15. Back To Top    #15

Beautiful rocks around them. How often do you clean the debris that falls into the pool?
    My random swimming gear rant.

16. Back To Top    #16

Buckeye, AZ 85326

Very cool!
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall