Houston, Tx
current test results:

FC - 3.0ppm
CC - 0.0ppm
pH - 7.4
TA - 200
CH - 150
CYA <30 but close to

Well, I have some plaster to repair on the top step. should I drain down and use a normal repair kit or are the quickset just as good?

secondly, because of the soft tap water and having replaced so much water and rain water having sat for too long in the pool, the CH was close to 50 for a good 3 months. I had my friend who has worked on pools for 14 years over last night and he told me it was definitely pitting caused by the low CH and that the only repair is full replaster. is this the case? there isn't much, its just a corner in the deep end, is there another solution?

It is simpler to work above water. If you don't need to drain very much it is probably worth a partial drain. Still, working on small areas underwater isn't all that difficult, so don't drain too much if you don't have to.

The only repair for pitting is a full re-plaster. But you don't have to do it right away. You can wait till the plaster gets much worse.

JasonLion said:
It is simpler to work above water. If you don't need to drain very much it is probably worth a partial drain. Still, working on small areas underwater isn't all that difficult, so don't drain too much if you don't have to.

The only repair for pitting is a full re-plaster. But you don't have to do it right away. You can wait till the plaster gets much worse.

Thanks jason, I'll put off the re-plaster, its just not in the budget and it may be unsightly, but its not doing any more harm so...and I'll probably just do an underwater repair, no need to drain and refill 5k gallons especially since we just got a water bill for 25k gallons since using power washer 2 weekends last month :hammer:

got in today and noticed the pitting is actually all around the pool, just worse in the deep end corner, but its not horrendous, I only noticed because I was up against the wall looking for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.