Addind Borates without adding CYA...?

nauidvr1

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 8, 2009
I added 50 lbs of Havaland Salt Support (Borates) to my pool and the Borate level is now at 35. My CYA was low (on purpose) before I added the Salt Support, now it is at 80, and I knew it would raise the CYA level.

My question is what product, can I buy locally, can I add to the pool to get the Borate level up to 50 and not add CYA or anything else? I do not want to do the Borax method. I just want to pour in the product and not mess with keeping something else in balance. I thought I had read that Proteam Supreme was pH netural, but I am not sure about if it adds CYA.

No, Bioguard Optimizer Plus is their only product in this category and it raises the PH. Omni/Guardex/Simplicity Maximizer is more or less PH neutral.

Proteam Supreme Plus is the most likely to be available locally. Or you can buy boric acid over the Internet, for much less money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.