Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goldline Valve Acutator Installation GVA-24

1. Back To Top    #1

Goldline Valve Acutator Installation GVA-24

I am trying to configure the valve and running into a lot of issues.

Here is what I am trying to do. The majority of the time I want the filter to take in water from the skimmer only. For about an hour a day I want the filter to take water from the skimmer and vacuum at about 50% each.

I have tried multiple configurations but cannot figure it out.

Here are my questions:

Is this possible?
    Over which pipe should I place the valve?
    what position should the small slot be in? 12 o'clock?
    What position should the cams be in?
    Should I be using on 1 or on 2?

Sometimes the valve spins without stopping and I only want it to turn 90 degrees. Sometimes it turn 270 degrees!

Please help!
    Duluth, GA
    27,000 gallons
    In Ground Vinyl
    Hayward S-240 Sand Filter
    Hayward Super Pump (C48K2N143B1)

2. Back To Top    #2

Northern Virgina

Re: Goldline Valve Acutator Installation GVA-24

I just got an Aqua Plus system and hooked it up to two valve actuators for my pool/spa. I don't think it's possible to do what you want. I think you need to decide which way you want the valve to operate:
    1. A or B
    2. A or (1/2 A AND 1/2 B)
    22k gallon IG Anthony free-form pool and spa with PebbleSheen finish, Pentair WFDS-8 WhisperFlo Full Rated Dual-Speed 2HP pool pump, Sta-Rite S8D110 System 3 Grid D.E. 53 sq. ft. pool filter, Raypak R406A 399K BTU cupro-nickel propane heater, Polaris 280 pool cleaner with 3/4 HP PB4-60 booster pump, Goldline Aqua Plus controller and SWG, Inter-Fab G-Force pool slide.

3. Back To Top    #3

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: Goldline Valve Acutator Installation GVA-24

Welcome to TFP!!

Can you give us a pic of your system's valve configuration?

How the lines come in and the valve is positioned make a difference.

The toggle switch positions simply set which of the 2 end points are the starting and ending point when it actuates.

The Goldline models are IMO the easiest to recam 8)

Best I can say is to recam the unit to be closed on the vac line valve as 'normal' operation and then, have it stop 1/2 way between the two ports the other 2 hours

Your question is slightly vague and my answer is even more so without the plumbing lay out :P

Please let us help you by giving us a little more info on the set up
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)